Whenever you get into one of those jammed up places, you’re probably holding onto something that’s holding you back. In order to continue forward, you have to be willing to accept the loss of yourself that you previously valued but should be growing into something new. This means, know which piece of your life isn’t feeding yourself that way it used to, and be transparent about the struggles of your goals.
#any level #ambivert #all Industries #interviewing skills #leadership skills #salary negotiation skills #team work
Sally SimmsFounder @ Group Project
If you fall 7 times, make sure to get up 8 times. Don't be afraid of failure, but be afraid of not putting in the effort.
As a leader, you need to reach goals through others, therefore you need to inspire, motivate and influence from the front.
#any level #extrovert #all Industries #strategy #leadership skills
Peter EspersenManaging Partner @ Watershed
Great presenters always do these 5 things:
1. Consider their audience - great presenters determine who they are talking to and how much they know about the subject to establish the purpose of the presentation.
2. Organize their thoughts - they focus on delivering three main ideas that begin with a solid opening and end with a strong close, including a call to action.
3. Channel positive energy - they maintain an open and confident body posture, use gestures to emphasize their points and show enthusiasm with facial expressions.
4. Connect and engage with listeners - they use eye contact to keep listeners engaged and to maintain a conversational feel.
5. Practice constantly - they are familiar with concepts to ensure a smoother delivery and focus on being themselves while getting they ideas across.
#mid-level professional #extrovert #all Industries #presentation skills
Jocelin MartinezFounder @ Jocelin Martinez Communications Training
salary negotiation skills
Remember 75% of people who ask for raises get some kind of pay bump.So just ask.
And if they say it’s not possible, ask for a timeline on when it would be appropriate. Get them to agree to a future date.
#mid-level professional #ambivert #all Industries #salary negotiation skills
Cindy GallopFounder @ MakeLoveNotPorn
We got rid of meetings before 1:00 PM, and it’s been a huge success,” Lockwood said. “We can be more productive in the morning, be more focused when we do meet and everyone can get out at a decent time. Open seating has also been a benefit, so teams can talk about the work as the day goes on and minimize the ‘less official’ meetings.
#senior level professional #ambivert #experience #team work
Kevin LockwoodDirector of Experience Design @ Huge