Love is “knowing within” what feels right. It's allowing to give your body space and relaxation and letting it tell you what it needs. Be cautious of the tension at your hinge, where your lower jaw connects with your upper jaw. Feel the soles of your feet touch the soles of your shoes and be more conscious of your body. In the end, I personally believe that success comes down to gratitude. Avoid comparing other people’s success, especially without coming back to your own goals as they should be made attainable for you and not for other people.
#any level #introvert #all Industries #interviewing skills
Gemma GambeeCreative Strategist @ Gemma Gambee Consultancy
The one word that comes to mind is “vulnerability”. There will be times during your career where things are overwhelming and difficult - emotionally, mentally and physically (e.g., family crisis, lots of work that needs to get out the door, etc). And it’s ok to let your team members know what’s going on and get support. And yes, it is ok to also say that you just can’t come into work today. I bring that “vulnerability” to work every day, it’s my super power. It provides a safe space for other people to come to work and bring their full selves - if you are going through something difficult and then you come to work and shut it off, you aren’t really “showing up”. And “showing up” allows you to tap into areas you didn’t even know existed.
#mid-level professional #extrovert #strategy #leadership skills
Krystle WatlerTitleSenior VP, Head of Business Development, Americas @ Virtue
Great presenters always do these 5 things:
1. Consider their audience - great presenters determine who they are talking to and how much they know about the subject to establish the purpose of the presentation.
2. Organize their thoughts - they focus on delivering three main ideas that begin with a solid opening and end with a strong close, including a call to action.
3. Channel positive energy - they maintain an open and confident body posture, use gestures to emphasize their points and show enthusiasm with facial expressions.
4. Connect and engage with listeners - they use eye contact to keep listeners engaged and to maintain a conversational feel.
5. Practice constantly - they are familiar with concepts to ensure a smoother delivery and focus on being themselves while getting they ideas across.
#mid-level professional #extrovert #all Industries #presentation skills
Jocelin MartinezFounder @ Jocelin Martinez Communications Training
salary negotiation skills
When asking for a raise, if they say budgets are set, you should ask if there are any extraordinary business conditions in which the board would be willing to make an exception if truly amazing value delivery was achieved.
#mid-level professional #ambivert #all Industries #salary negotiation skills
Cindy GallopFounder @ MakeLoveNotPorn
We got rid of meetings before 1:00 PM, and it’s been a huge success,” Lockwood said. “We can be more productive in the morning, be more focused when we do meet and everyone can get out at a decent time. Open seating has also been a benefit, so teams can talk about the work as the day goes on and minimize the ‘less official’ meetings.
#senior level professional #ambivert #experience #team work
Kevin LockwoodDirector of Experience Design @ Huge